What is App Clone?
App cloning refers to the process of creating a new app by taking inspiration from an existing app and adding your unique features to it. The clone app is not an exact replica of the original app, but it draws some ideas from it. Cloning can be done for any type of app, including ride-hailing apps like Uber, social media apps like Facebook, or dating apps like Tinder.
App cloning is very popular nowadays and many app development companies have cloned popular app scripts like Uber, Ola Lyft, etc, reskinned them along with their own new features to create than app clone. This app cloning technique is very useful and beneficial for budding entrepreneurs who wish to start their own business with an app. Designing an app from scratch takes a lot of time and investment which may not be affordable. The word clone is used for better understanding for the customers. In fact, successful apps are the ones that are inspired and/or copy another app but add up new features for their target niche that would make their mobile app unique in such a way that others would want to clone!
Is App cloning legal?
App cloning is legal as long as it does not breach existing business intellectual property (IP) rights, such as copyright, patents, or trademarks. However, the term “cloning” can be misleading, as it does not mean copying the entire app but rather taking inspiration from it to create something new.
We have to understand that we are not talking about copying the entire app. But it’s taking ideas from different apps and combining them together to create a totally different app. Here at Apporio Infolabs we never support or encourage duplicacy of any product or any website nor do we practice such a thing in our company. We don’t believe is selling complete duplicate code just for multiplying revenues. We have our own “Apporio taxi” which is an Uber clone but is a completely customizable, white-labeled solution and has its own unique features. We have successfully worked in more than 20+ countries with a huge clientele base. Overall there can be some similarities between the original and your clone solution but your app should have new and additional features that will help differentiate between the two.
How does App cloning help?
- A readymade clone script that is customizable and white-label is easy to launch thus saving your development time.
- The overall cost that is required to develop the app from scratch is way high compared to that of just buying a readymade app clone.
- The solution is tested, bug-free, and preapproved to launch on both IOS and Android platforms.
- The readymade app clones eliminate the need for business planning and market research for your app User Interface Design.
- Also, clone apps are designed and developed after taking inspiration from some other apps. Thus it ensures that there is demand for such types of apps.
Popular Sites That Are Clones
- Facebook – One of the most popular social media platforms that everyone is using nowadays is actually a clone. It was first developed as a type of “hot or not” game for the campus student but later it evolved and became one of the most popular sites of all time.
- Lyft – It’s a cab booking app that is a popular clone of Uber. There are many Uber clones in the market like Meeru Cabs, rapido for bikes, Ola, etc.
- Aisle – It’s a dating app that is a clone of the famous app Tinder.
- Airizu – It’s the Airbnb of China that provides the service to find accommodations for people seeking vacation rentals and other short-term accommodations.These are some examples among the large number of popular companies that have set an example that clearly explains what exactly app clones are and how they can be distinguished from the original one.
These are some examples among the large number of popular companies that have set an example that clearly explains what exactly app clones are and how they can be distinguished from the original one.
Why Avoid Cheap Clone Scripts for Your App Business?
There are many ready-made clone scripts available in the market for famous apps like Uber, Ola, Apple, etc., at cheap rates. The rates that they offer are so good that it gets easy for any customer to get convinced by the price itself and start dreaming of becoming a successful entrepreneur. But that dream will remain a dream if you go for such type of script.
If we look for successful apps like Facebook, YouTube, or Uber, do you believe that getting an app clone for just a mere few bucks would have made them so successful and rich? These apps are having turnover in billions, and this is not achieved by just buying any cheap solution from the market. Many 3rd party vendors are offering clone apps for just $300 or $500 bucks but what they hand over to their client is just the app clone without any proper code, customization, and unique features. Anyone telling about this is just fraud and is a cheat! One has to be very careful while choosing ready-made scripts from any 3rd party vendor. It is not an easy task to create an app clone because these apps share the same platform and structure. People make this mistake because of the things mentioned below:
- When your budget is less than or around $3,000.
- When you want to use the script as it is, and you want to get very little or no customization in the app.
- When you are planning to launch the app within 6 months.
- If you are willing to test around and see how the initial response is from the market that you are targeting.
- The app script comes with a single domain end-user license which means you can’t resell the script.
What Things To Consider When Building An App Like Uber?
There are many factors that are required to be seen when building a clone app like Uber. There is no fixed answer to this question. Everything depends upon your business strategy and your app structure. If you are planning to take the basic prototype and test the market, then the readymade clone script is an option for you. But you have to be aware of the scalability and robustness of such apps which will make it difficult to change UI and do customization in the future, making it of no use in the long run. If you are serious about business and have a strong business plan, then go for a custom development approach or at least a scalable robust app that supports customization Your USP should be very different which will make your business stand apart from the competition.
Here are some of the points that you can keep in mind:
- Set of Core Modules & Features for the Development
- UI/UX Design (User Interface and User Experience Design Factors)
- Database Architecture
- Admin Panel Console
- Proposed Framework
- Database Architecture
- Proposed Technology
- Proposed Software Development Architecture
- Software Development Methodology
- API Integration and/or Development.
- Core features of an Uber-like App?
- SAAS-based module
- GPS Tracking
- Social Sharing & Connect Communication Module
- User Details
Why Are Investors Pouring So Much Money into Ready-Made App Clones?
The reason behind this trend is the rise in on-demand apps, driven by the launch and success of Uber, which is an on-demand taxi booking app. After seeing the great potential benefit of this industry, many budding entrepreneurs wish to gain benefit from it. They all wanted to start their own on-demand business apps like Uber. Making a robust app like Uber takes a lot of time and money, which not everyone has. So, many companies began making copies of popular apps like Uber, Tinder, Instagram, and Facebook. We talked about some of these copies earlier in this blog, so you might know about them.
The success of the Uber app has started the wave of “Uberification” which is spreading to different industries like pharma, beauty, food, etc. On-demand app success has started a wave among people to invest in on-demand ventures. But successful on-demand ventures need strong app script which is robust, scalable, and customization. So always go for top app clone development companies like Apporio Infolabs, a well-known name in the on-demand industry.
An app clone is a copy of an existing app, often created by third-party developers. It is designed to mimic the functionality and user interface of the original app, while potentially adding new features or customization options.
Creating an app clone can serve several purposes, such as improving upon an existing app, catering to a specific market, entering a new market with a proven concept, saving development time and cost, leveraging an existing user base, and testing a concept.
Yes, app clones are legal. If the app clone is created using publicly available tools and APIs and does not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, it may be legal.
It depends on the specific app clone and the developer who created it. Some app clones may be safe and functional, while others may contain malware or other security vulnerabilities. It's important to research the app clone and the developer before downloading and installing it.
Yes, the app clone offers customization options. You can customize it according to your business needs and requirement