What is App Clone?
App clone basically refers to taking inspiration from any other website or app theme which is very unique and different and copying that concept to create another App clone. Cloning doesn’t mean copying exactly the same as the original one, it means taking some ideas of the App and adding your own unique features along with it to create your own new app. App cloning is very popular nowadays and many app development companies have cloned popular app script like Uber ,Ola Lyft etc, reskinned it along with their own new features to create than App clone. This is App cloning technique is very useful and beneficial for budding entrepreneurs who wish to start their own business with an app. Designing an app from scratch takes a lot of time and investment which may not be affordable. The word clone is used for better understanding for the customers. In fact, successful Apps are the ones that are inspired and/or copy of another App but add up new features for its target niche that would make their App unique in such a way that others would want to clone!
Is App cloning legal?
The answer is yes, until and unless you don’t breach existing business IP’s,copyright, patents or trademarks.
The words like cloning and app cloning by definition is misunderstood. We have to understand that we are not talking about copying the entire app. But its taking ideas from different apps combining them together create a totally different app. Here at Apporio infolabs we never support or encourage duplicacy of any product or any website nor we practice such thing in our company. We don’t believe is selling complete duplicate code just for multiplying revenues. We have our own “Apporio taxi” which is an uber clone but is completely customisable, white labeled solution and has its own unique features. We have successfully worked in more than 20+ countries with huge clientele base. There can be some similarities between the original and your clone solution but your solution should have new and additional features that will help differentiate between the two.
How does App cloning helps?
- A readymade clone script which is customisable and whitelabel is easy to launch thus saving your development time.
- The overall costing that is required to develop the app from scratch is way high as compared to that of just buying a readymade app clone.
- The solution is tested and bug free and preapproved to launch on both IOS and Android platform.
- The readymade app clones eliminates the need for business planning and market research for your app User Interface Design.
- Also the app clones are designed and developed after taking inspiration from some other apps. Thus it ensures that there is demand for such types of apps.
Popular sites that are actually clone
- Facebook – One of the most popular social media platforms that everyone is using nowadays were actually a clone. It was first developed as a type of “hot or not” game for the campus student but later it evolved and became one of the popular sites of all times.
- Lyft – Its a cab booking app which popular clone of Uber. There are many uber clones in market like Meeru cabs, rapido for bikes, Ola etc.
- Aisle – Its dating app which clone of famous app tinder.
- Airizu – Its the Airbnb of china which provides the service to find accommodations to people seeking vacation rentals and other short-term accommodations
These are some examples among the large number of popular companies that have set an example which clearly explains what exactly app clones are and how they can be distinguished from the original one.
The are many readymade clone scripts available in market of famous apps like uber, ola, appjek etc in cheap rates. The rates that they offer is so good that its gets easy for any customer to get convinced by the price itself and start dreaming of becoming a successful entrepreneur. But that dream will remain a dream if you go for such type of scripts.
If we look for the successful apps like Facebook, youtube or Uber, do you believe that getting an app clone just of mere few bucks would have made them so successful and rich? These apps are having turn over in billions and this is not achieved by just buying any cheap solution from the market. Many 3rd party vendors are offering apps clones in just $300 or $500 bucks but what they handover to their client is just the app clone without any proper code, customisation and unique features. Anyone telling about this is just fraud and is a cheat!. One has to be very careful while choosing ready made scripts from any 3rd party vendor. It is not an easy task to create an app clone because these apps shares the same platform and structure.
- When your budget is less than or around $3,000 USD.
- When you want to use the script as it is and you want to get very less or no customisation in the app.
- When you are planning to launch the app within 6 months.
- If you willing to test around and see how the initial response is from the market that you are targeting.
- The app script comes with single domain end user license which means you can’t resell the script.
What to consider before building an app which is a uber clone?
There are many factors that are required to be seen. There is no fixed answer to this question. Everything depends upon your business strategy and your app structure. If your planning to take the basic prototype and test the market than the readymade clone script is an option for you. But you have to be aware of the scalability and robustness of such apps which will make it difficult to change UI and do customisation in future, making it of no use in the long run. If you are serious about business and have strong business plan then go for a custom development approach or atleast scalable robust app which supports customisation Your USP should be very different which will make your business stand apart from the competition.
Here are some of the points that you can keep in mind:
- Set of Core Modules & Features for the Development
- UI/UX Design (User Interface and User Experience Design Factors)
- Database Architecture
- Admin Panel Console
- Proposed Framework
- Database Architecture
- Proposed Technology
- Proposed Software Development Architecture
- Software Development Methodology
- API Integration and/or Development.
- Core features of Uber like App?
- SAAS based app module
- GPS Trackin
- Social Sharing & Connect Communication Module
- User Details
Why are investors pouring some much money on Readymade app clones?
The answer to this is the rise of on demand apps. The on demand apps are on the rise with launch and success of Uber app which is an on demand taxi booking app. After seeing the great potential benefit from this industry, many budding entrepreneur wish to gain benefit out of it. They all wanted to start their own on demand business app like uber. But developing a robust and scalable app like uber from scratch needs investment and time which may not be available with everyone. So the rise of App clones started with many top app development companies started providing clones of popular apps like uber, tinder, instagram,facebook etc. Some of the successful apps which are clones have been discussed with you in the beginning of this blog so might be aware of it.
The success of Uber app has started the wave of “uberification” which is spreading to different industries like pharma, beauty, food etc. On demand apps success has started a wave among the people to invest in on demand ventures. But for successful on demand ventures needs string app script which is robust, scalable and customization. So always go for top App clone development company Like Apporio infolabs, which has is a reputed name in this on-demand industry.